Learn how to tap the maple trees in your own backyard. Bring the sap to us and we'll turn it into maple syrup!
Our Community Sap Collection Program is an unforgettable family educational experience. Here's how it works.
- First, come to Kettle Ridge Farm and attend one of our one-hour classes that will teach you:
- How to identify maple trees,
- How to place taps in your maples,
- How to collect sap from those trees,
- How maple syrup is produced, and
- How our collection program is conducted.
- Once the weather begins to warm up and the sap starts flowing, you can start collecting and delivering your sap to Kettle Ridge Farm. We'll measure the quantity and sugar content, and you'll get credit towards purchases of maple syrup that has some of your sap in it. We'll even add your name to the label.
Classes will be held in the indoor education room at Kettle Ridge Farm and are free to attend. Our unique sap collection kits will be made available at nominal charge.
There are two classes to choose from this year; January 14, 2017 and January 21, 2017. Class size is strictly limited, so please register early!